Wednesday 20 August 2014

That's a Wrap


A few weeks ago, a girl I know turned up with incredibly colourful nails. They were were covered in rainbow stripes, and looked really brilliant. When I complimented them she told me they were nail wraps.

I'd never considered trying nail wraps before. To be honest, I've never been too adventurous with my nails. I prefer to slap on a good coat of colour and I'm ready to go. But after seeing how nice hers were I decided to give it a go and headed to my local Boots to find some to try.

There wasn't actually a great deal of choice in my local Boots, and it's even one of the larger stores. I ended up choosing the Umberto Giannini Talons in After Dark Lace (£7 here - though the ones I picked up were reduced to about £4.49). I quite like the lace effect so thought these would be really cute and look inconspicuous enough for my first go.

The application of them was really difficult.

The instructions advise that you cut them to the correct size and then apply them. However, I could not work out how to cut them to size before putting them on. I do not have enough hands to be able to hold it in place and trim it. I am sure I am missing a trick here somewhere. I ended up applying them, and then trimming them to size. I don't think it looked too bad. One of the problems I did find was that the wraps were slightly too small. I don't have big hands at all but the biggest wrap was just slightly too small for my thumb so there is a tiny gap.

I do like the way they look, and it is nice not to be breathing in fumes whilst doing my nails. I hoped they would be more long lasting than they have turned out to be. I applied them Sunday evening and by yesterday they were peeling from the top, as you can see in the picture.

So the verdict is that I like them and I'm willing to give them a further go. Though I think I should research how to apply them properly first!

Have you tried nail wraps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *