Friday 29 August 2014

Some things I bought


This month I tried to save up a little bit more. Unfortunately it didn't quite work. Although I didn't buy as many beauty products as usual, I made up for it in clothes. But that will be a post for another day.

I spent some time this month wandering around Boots, scouring the make-up and skincare. My local Boots has started to stock some Sleek products, and this made me decide to buy some products by brands I've not purchased from before.

Like I mentioned, I really wanted to try something from Sleek. I decided upon this Gloss Me lipgloss in the shade Angel Falls. To be honest, I am undecided about the product. The formula is sheer and moist on the lips, but quite sticky. Also, the applicator makes it difficult to apply. It is a lovely colour though and I don't even mind the glitter as much as I thought I would. I think I need to give this one a few tries before making up my mind.

Secondly, I bought a NYX jumbo eye pencil in Yogurt. I have wandered into Next a few times, staring at the small display, trying to decide what to buy. I mainly bought this to use on my waterline and in the corner of my eye to brighten it up a little. I love the formula as it just glides on so smoothly. I'm not sure if I got the right shade for what I wanted, so I might end up using it for my eyelids. Either way, I really love the product.

I also decided I wanted to try an Essie nail polish. I've never used anything by Essie before, but I've heard a lot of good things about them. I picked the colour Naughty Nautical, and it is such a beautiful shade. I call it a mermaid colour, as it's a gorgeous turquoise shade, with some sparkles thrown in for good measure. I am wearing it this week and it still looks great. It's also super easy to apply. I managed to do it with minimal mess and it dried quite quickly. I think I will be buying more of their products.

Next up I bought a Maybelline Master Shape eye pencil in soft brown. I've been trying to get my brow technique down recently. The majority of the tutorials I found, I didn't think were suitable. I don't need to shape my eyebrows, as I think they have decent shape, but I just wanted to define them. I found a really nice tutorial that I thought would suit me, and so now I think my eyebrows are really beginning to look great. This pencil was a good price and makes a good addition to my make-up collection. It's really soft and blends in well.

I received the Molton Brown Replenishing Hand Cream in my first ever Birch Box and I fell in love with it then. I finally decided to just go for it, and purchase it in a full size. I bought it in Rhubarb and Rose, which just smells divine. It sinks so easily into the skin and leaves them smooth with no stickiness. I'm loving using this on a daily basis.

Lastly, I picked up a mini Benefit collection from boots. I went to repurchase the Benefit They're Real mascara, and sitting next to it was this Benefit VIP Spree which includes sample products of the High Beam, Bad Gal lashes and Sugarbomb lipgloss. I won't go into detail on these as I plan to do a separate post on all of this in the future, but they are a mixed a bag. I particularly love the High Beam though as it gives such a beautiful glow.

What new products have you tried this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *