Sunday 31 August 2014

August Favourites


Here it is again; the end of another month. August has gone so quickly, it's just been a blur!

It's not been a bad month, but it has been tiring. I spent much of the beginning exhausted and feeling incredibly unmotivated. I think I got some post-holiday blues, and I had some serious life thinking to do when I got back. I don't think I'm fully sorted, but I feel much better than I did.

But once the blues had subsided, I ended up doing some good things, even if we've not really had the weather for it. I had a lovely picnic with my friends last week. It's always fantastic to spend time with good company, and many of them I don't get to see as much as I'd like. I also spent a day out in London, having the opportunity to see the wonderful Mat Baynton in Holes, which was a bit of an odd play, as well as visiting Bodeans for some delicious BBQ food.

One of the other highlights of my month was going to the cinema to see Peter Capaldi's first episode of Doctor Who, along with many other fans.

But enough of what I've been up to, here are the things I've been loving this month

Beauty


As mentioned in my last post I am loving my new Essie polish. The colour is called Naughty Nautical and is absolutely gorgeous. It's a glittering, turquoise shade and it's just beautiful. I normally only wear one colour a week, but I'm thinking of refreshing this one for longer.

I am also loving High Beam from Benefit. I love highlighters as they just brighten up your entire face. This one has beautiful shimmer to it and looks great on my cheekbones, and under the arches of my eyes when it catches the light.

My last beauty favourite this month is the Urban Decay De-slick. I bought this as I was finding my make-up melted away so quickly, and wanted a good setting spray to keep it in place for as long as possible. I really love this. I bought the travel size a couple of months ago, and it's still going strong. I find it keeps my make-up looking fresh for much longer, so it's just what I needed.

Skincare


I generally don't buy expensive showergels, and, to be honest, I usually just get what's on offer. I normally end up with something different with every purchase. This month I bought this limited edition Imperial Leather showergel in 'enchanting romance' and, oh my, it smells amazing. I was so drawn to the scent, that I may continue to repurchase it for that alone. But the showergel is pretty good too, and it keeps my skin soft. I love it.

Homeware


I love candles a lot, as they're quite atmospheric, but I do have to be in the mood to actually light one. I wanted to keep the fragrance going for longer, so I decided to buy a reed diffuser for my bedroom. I bought this Wax Lyrical one in the scent red cherries, and it smells so good. I love getting home from work, walking into my room and it smelling like cherry bakewells. It's so strong and long-lasting. I love it!

Film

There is no doubt about what this month's favourite film is. I don't normally care for a sequel to a film, as I like things to be standalone, but with Guardians Of The Galaxy I was left wanting more. It was hilarious and adventurous from start to finish. I found myself swept away with it. It's excellent and I can't recommend it enough.



Television

So before Lee Pace became an evil overlord in the film above, he was a sweet pie maker in the wonderful Pushing Daisies. It is quite simply the most adorable programme ever. I have seen the first six episodes multiple times, but never seemed to go any further. Suddenly I have found myself binging on all the episodes this last week. If you've never seen Pushing Daisies, you really must as it's such a brilliant show. It is about a pie maker who has the ability to bring the dead back to life. But there are catches. And then he finds out his childhood sweetheart has died... I'll let the trailer explain it better.



Music

I have been listening to a lot of random things this month. For the first time in a long time I know what some of the current hits are (or at least what they were a month or two ago).Though, this is due to only having two CDs for the entire journey to and around Holland, so a lot of songs grew on me. It's been really hard to choose one song this month. I really love Ed Sheeran's Sing, Iggy Azalea's Fancy, Charli XCX's Boom Clap but I decided to go with something slightly different and chose Sia's Chandelier. I really like Sia's music anyway, and this one has continued to be played over and over. I love the intensity of it.



What are your favourites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *