Sunday 20 July 2014

Summer Make-Up


For summer, I think it's important to have make-up which is simple and light enough to combat the heat. It's not a great feeling be suffocated by make-up or having it melt! I also like to make sure I have something that can last the day with minimal touch-ups. As I spend all my time at work, and can't really get away with spending my day in the toilets perfecting my make-up!

So I have come up with a simple routine. This is what works for me. I've tried to keep it as simple as possible but with still looking great.

To prime my face I like to use Benefit's Porefessional (£24.50, Feel Unique), as it gives helps give a smooth base to the skin and helps keep my face looking matte. This has pretty much become a everyday staple. As a foundation, I use Garnier BB cream (£9.99, Boots). It's such a light base, that it's perfect for summer. I find it gives a nice radiance to my skin too. It's always good to have a healthy looking glow in summer.

To conceal dark circles I use my secret weapon: Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector in light peach (£19.00, HOF). I love this so much as it just drastically changes my look and brightens up my entire face. I have recently hit pan on it which I'm quite sad about. On top of that, I sometimes use the Bobbi Brown concealer but I have found myself going back to the ever popular Collection Long Lasting Perfection concealers (£4.19, Boots). I stopped using them for a while when they changed the shades but I've started with them again, working them slightly differently which I love the results of. I use Cool Medium (2) under my eyes as it is lighter than my natural shade and brightens the area perfectly. I also use it down the bridge of my nose and to cover the red around my nose which brightens my entire face. I then go in with the warm medium (3) shade to tackle any spots and blemishes. It's a darker shade so it works to not highlight the spots. I then set all my face with Soap & Glory's One Heck of a Blot (£12, Boots), taking particular attention around my eyes.

I like to keep my make-up very simple daily, so I only use the Benefit Gimme Brow (£17.50, Feel Unique) on my eyebrows to really define them. I then curl my eyelashes and use the Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Mascara (£10.00, Boots) to really make my lashes stand out. I pair this with the Maybelline Great Lash (£4.99, Boots) for the bottom lashes. This combo really makes my lashes go BAM!

On my cheeks I use the Clinique Cheek Pop (£16.50, HOF) in the shade peach pop. The blush really is long lasting and makes my cheeks look bright and summery. I finally dab Benefit's Watt's Up (£24.50, Feel Unique) on my cheek bones, my cupid bow and the arch on my eyebrow to really highlight these areas when they catch the light.

To set it all in place I use Urban Decay's De-Slick (£20, HOF) setting spray which keeps me going most of the day.

What is the staple of your summer make-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *