Wednesday 30 July 2014

July Favourites


Here we are once again at the end of another month. July has been interesting, and the weather in particular has been gorgeous. I have been enjoying it by going on bike rides and having Barbecues. It's been a great month. To top it off, as you read this I will be abroad. Hopefully I will have more on that later, but for now, here are my favourite things for July.

Favourite make-up


This month I have adored using the Clinique Cheek Pop. I have used it constantly since I bought it. It really does give a wonderful colour to my cheeks. love the formula as it goes on so well. It's such a brilliant blush, and it is perfect for summer.

Favourite skincare


I purchased a new moisturiser this month. The Soap & Glory The Fab Pore, which I've fallen in love with. I use it as part of my morning routine. It's a light moisturiser and just sinks in brilliantly. I really love it.

The other thing I have adored this month is the Boots Soltan Once Sun Cream. This claims to last 8 hours and it really does. I spent an entire day in the sun with only putting one application on and I didn't get burnt at all. I was pretty amazed. Because of that, this has become my favourite sun cream.

Favourite Film

I hadn't watched any films this month until I watched Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel and fell in love immediately. It is such a quirky and brilliant film. It tells the story of the 'adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy, who becomes his most trusted friend'. It stars a lot of the usual Wes Anderson actors, and Ralph Fiennes in particular is absolutely brilliant. It was a very funny film and I honestly cannot recommend it enough



Favourite Television

This month E4 finally finished How I Met Your Mother. I am aware that everyone knows who the mother is now and the ending to the story, I've finally caught up. It's been an enjoyable series and strong series, and I'm quite sad to see it end.



Favourite Music

My friend introduced me to Postmodern Jukebox a few weeks back and they are amazing. Basically they do covers of popular modern day songs in a vintage style. Take a listen and fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *