Wednesday 18 June 2014

Bourjois 1 seconde Mascara


I am on the hunt for the perfect mascara. It must give me good looking lashes, not run too much and not break the bank. So when I saw the 1 Seconde Mascara by Bourjois in Boots, I thought it looked perfect and had to give it a try.

There were two things that drew me to it; the big 'No Clumps' sign, and the weird looking bristles. They are something to behold. The wand is covered in alternating spiky bristles and little ball-shaped bristles. I love the packaging. It is silver and shiny. It is prone to fingermarks though, so I had to rub them off occasionally. It is also very light. It shocked me when I picked it up as it feels like there's nothing in it!


The application of it works nicely. It makes my lashes look bold and long which is the main thing for a mascara. The 'no clumps' claim is a bit misleading, as there is definitely clumpage (did I just make that up?). It straightens out with a brush, but when it's claimed there will be no clumps, it's expected to be so.

So far so good, but it was really let down by the wear time. I purchased the waterproof version, and I still found I had panda eyes by the end of the day. I do find that mascara generally runs for me, but this is one of the worst.

At £9.99 it's not a bad price, but it's a shame that it runs so much or I would probably use it more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *